- Inaguration of AVA Office
The AVA Office at the ground floor of our Auditorium, Vidya Academy of Science & Technology was inaugurated by the Hon.Chairman, VICT, Er. P K Asokan together with Smt. Rekha Mathews, Head-Relationships, UST Global in the presence of Er. G Mohanachandran, Exe. Director, VICT. Dr. Sudha Balagopalan, Principal VAST. Dr. K B M Namboodiripad, visiting Professor, MED, VAST, Er. Jinto A J, President, Association of Vidya Alumni and Mr. Ramesh C R Secretary, Association of Vidya Alumni & Asst. Professor ECED, VAST.
- Activities of "First Masters of Vidya" - First MCA batch (2006-2009)
- 7th Annual Meet of Alumni Association
The 7th Annual Meet of Alumni Association was held on 27th December 2014 at the College Auditorium. Around 180 alumni members were present during the auspicious occassion. The Annual Meet was inagurated by the Er. P.K Asokan, Honorable Chairman VICT, together with renaming of the Association from “Vidya Alumni Association(VAA)” to “Association of Vidya Alumni(AVA)” and the launching of the association's official website was also conducted during this occassion. Er. Jinto A J, President of VAA welcomed the gathering followed by the presidential address by Dr. Sudha Balagopalan, Working President of VAA and Principal, VAST. Mr. Rince Wins, Hon. Secretary, VAA presented the annual report of the Association and Mrs. Nitha A N, Treasurer, VAA presented the annual financial report of the Association. Dr. S. Ajaikumar, Ex. Hon. Secretary of VICT and Dr. Pratapachandran Nair, Professor Emeritus, VAST felicitated during the occassion. Er. Jinto A J explained the need of the transformation from VAA to AVA and he announced that the VAA has been dispersed. The Association also honoured their beloved teachers and staffs of their Alma Matter who has completed 10 years of experience in VAST. The Association initiated “ Best Outgoing Student Award ” to each of the 7 departments with the support of student alumni from each departments. The awards were sponsored by;
1. CSE - Ms. Greeshma C M (2009-13)
2. ME - Er. Jinto A J (2003-07)
3. EEE - Mr. Aravind T (2004-08)
4. ECE - Mr. Ramesh C R (2005-09)
5. CE - Ms. Sneha Anto (2009-13)
6. PE - Mr. Rince Wins (2007-11)
7. MCA - First Masters(2006-09)
Mr. Ramesh C R, Programme Co-ordinator of 7th Annual Meet delivered the vote of thanks and the official meeting came to an end by 1:15pm.
The Association of Vidya Alumni provides scholarships of around Rs.1 Lakh per annum. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial need and academic achievement as determined by the current Scholarship Selection Committee(SSC) and Executive Council of AVA. Preference is given to first-time recipients or those who doesn’t avail any other scholarships during the time of application.
1. Er.Jinto A J (President, Association of Vidya Alumni) handed over the cheque as Alumni Contribution for college activities to the Principal, Dr. Sudha Balagopalan on the occasion of 4 th Dr. D. Balakrishnan, Commemorative Lecture on 16 th August, 2014.
2. Alumni Scholarships were awarded to the shortlisted students by Er. Jinto A J(President, Association of Vidya Alumni), during the Scholarship Distribution Ceremony conducted on 7 th October at Vidya Academy of Science & Technology.